Director, Business Devlopment
The Director of Business Development is an aggressive “hunter” who targets, builds relationships with and closes Fortune 1000 marketing organizations as customers. A successful candidate is passionate about consumer insights and strategic marketing and a skilled sales executor, capable of generating leads and working opportunities full cycle to close.
- Close new business with Fortune 1000 senior marketing and consumer insights executives
- Generate new leads through cold solicitations
- Qualify prospects and focus Motista’s resources on high-value targets
- Lead a consultative sales process that aligns Motista’s emotional intelligence with strategic marketing challenges (e.g., strategy, brand positioning, brand architecture, messaging, campaign execution, etc.)
- Accelerate sales cycles by aggressively and creatively engaging prospective clients
- Understand how marketers buy and use consumer insights (e.g., the kinds of insights they consume and why)
- Very comfortable and credible closing the laptop and talking substantively with marketers about their problems and how Motista’s intelligence can help
- Demonstrable track record as a successful sales hunter – generating leads, closing business and exceeding quota
- Must be generally knowledgeable and able to comfortably talk about “brand,” strategic marketing and consumer insights
- Consultative sales experience to Fortune 1000 marketers mandatory
- Having sold a productized consumer insights offering or related software system (e.g., VOC)
- 7+ years of direct sales experience
- Outstanding communications, listening and interpersonal skills
Compensation includes competitive base salary, commissions, and stock option. Motista offers top-shelf health benefits. This position requires travel. Candidates in the Bay Area (preferable) and New York City will be considered.
Apply to this position at: firstname.lastname@example.org.